What we do
The Children's Team provide a family centred service, meeting the health care needs of children, young people and their families both in the hospital and within the community.
Our main focus is to provide family-centred care which supports parents and carers to become as involved as they choose to be in their child’s care and treatment.
Our highly trained staff achieve this through having open and honest discussions with parents about their child whilst respecting each family’s language, cultural, religious, and social needs.
Our specialist services include:
- Children's Community Assisted Ventilation Service
- Children's Community Nursing
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Developmental Disorder
- Epilepsy, Neurology and Neuro-disability
- Haematology and Oncology
- Respiratory Care
How to access the service
For details on how to refer or be referred to our services, please see the relevant page for the specific service you require.
Where to find us
Our Service provision includes:
- Children's Ward, Royal Blackburn Teaching Hospital
- Children's Day Case Ward (Ward 27), Burnley General Teaching Hospital
- Children's Observation and Assessment Unit, Royal Blackburn Teaching Hospital
- Children's Minor Illness Unit (CMIU), Burnley General Hospital
- Outpatient clinics at Royal Blackburn Hospital, Burnley General Hospital, Accrington Hospital, Clitheroe Community Hospital, Rossendale Primary Care Centre and Pendle Community Hospital
Dr Chris Gardner - Clinical Lead
Tina Webb - Matron
Meet the paediatric consultant team
|Dr Javed Iqbal||Paediatric Nephrology|
|Dr Rosemary Belderbos||Epilepsy, neurology and neurodisability|
|Dr Dennis Corbett||Allergy, cystic fibrosis and respiratory disease|
|Dr Helen Coutts||General paediatrics|
|Dr Ana Del Rio||Diabetes|
|Dr Peter Fitzmaurice||Acute care|
|Dr Chris Gardner||Diabetes and endocrinology|
|Dr Vanessa Holme||Paediatric haematology and oncology|
|Dr Nicola Horton||Acute care|
|Dr Sarah Laraway||Acute care and gastroenterology|
|Dr Poornima Nair||Neurology and epilepsy|
|Dr Karl Rakshi||Neurology, epilepsy and assisted ventilation services|
|Dr Tanya Robertson||Respiratory disease and cystic fibrosis|
|Dr Wayne Thornton||Acute care|
|Dr Anna Sibley||Allergy and rheumatology|
|Dr Betty Wamola||Acute care|
For service opening or visiting times, please see the relevant page for the specific service you require.