What we do
The District Nursing Team provides complex clinical care to patients living in their own homes. Working together the aim is to work with patients to empower them to self manage long term conditions and prevent avoidable hospital admission. The teams support patients and their families who are in the palliative phase of their illness and provide end of life care.
The teams work in harmony with social care, independent and voluntary providers to enhance patient experience and care.
Please find a list of services and treatments provided in the list below:
- Prevent unnecessary hospital admission / facilitate early discharge
- Advanced Practice
- Non-Medical prescribing
- Long Term Complex Condition Management e.g. - Heart Failure, COPD, Diabetes
- Case Management
- End Of Life Care
- Complex Wound Care
- Leg ulcer Management
- Catheter Care / Management
- Management of Continence
- Medication administration
- Holistic Nursing Assessments / Fully-funded Continuing Health Care Screening
- Support for patients undergoing chemotherapy / radiotherapy
Where to find us
The services are provided within the patients own home including residential homes.
Locality Telephone numbers:
Accrington: 01254 358034
Bacup: 01706 235316
Burnley East: 01282 805935
Burnley Central: 01282 805939
Burnley West: 01282 805679
Hyndburn Rural (Clayton): 01254 734497
Colne: 01282 805838
Haslingden: 01706 260746
Nelson: 01282 805800
Ribblesdale (Clitheroe): 01200 449109
Out of hours (4:50pm – 8am Monday to Friday AND across weekends and bank holidays) please contact our central hub on:
Tel: 01282 805958
The integrated community teams operate a service 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.