What we do
The Childrens Community Nursing Team comprises of experienced children’s nurses who visit your child at home.
The community nurses will work closely with other professional who see you child and will let them know of your referral to the service.
If your child is being taken care of at home by the Community Nursing Team and you are concerned about their health between visits by the Team you can:
- If you have been given OPEN CONTACT by the Childrens Ward or the Childrens Observation and Assessment Unit you can contact them on the number they have provided within the period of the open contact.
- If your child has been discharged from the service and you have concerns about their health please contact your GP.
How to access the service
Referrals to the team are through:
- Consultant paediatricians at the hospital
- Advanced paediatric nurse practitioners working within the Urgent Care Centres and the Emergency Department
- Tertiary centres
- GP referrals (criteria applies)
Where to find us
The Community Nursing Team are based at the Royal Blackburn Teaching Hospital.
Anita Heyes - Sister
Anne-Marie Fisher - Sister
Carol Butterworth - Sister
Caroline Tomlinson - Sister
Dawn Jones - Sister
Heather Pickup - Sister
Rachel Fish - Sister
Jo Howard - Sister
Lindsay Yates - Sister
Sallie Haworth - Sister
Tessa Spackman - Sister
Shirley McKay - Community Support Worker
The service operates between 8am and 8pm Monday to Sunday and 8am to 6pm on Bank Holidays.