We provide high quality healthcare services primarily to the residents of East Lancashire and Blackburn with Darwen, which have a combined population in the region of 530,000.
The PLACE (Patient–Led Assessments of Care Environment) assessment was introduced in April 2013, PLACE is a government initiative to ensure that the assessment process is impartial and is based on a patients perceptive and experience.
The National PLACE assessment results are a Trust indicator and are shared with the Care Quality Commission, who use the information in discharging their responsibilities for monitoring and reporting on Trust performance.
(National PLACE Assessment 2018 - Timescale 15th February 2018 – 4nd June 2018)
All the PLACE Assessments for ELHT five sites have been undertaken and completed as set out by the NHS Digital within the agreed timescale and process.
Delivery Programme of PLACE Assessment for ELHT's five Hospital sites were as follows:
· Clitheroe Community Hospital - 16 March 2018
· Royal Blackburn Teaching Hospital - 21 and 22 March 2018
· Burnley General Teaching Hospital - 10 & 11 April 2018
· Pendle Community Hospital - 3 April 2018
· Accrington Victoria Community Hospital - 9 May 2018
Patient Assessors (Recruitment and Education)
ELHT recruited Patient Assessors:
· 2014 - 112 patient assessors to support the Trust with the National PLACE assessment programme.
· 2015 we recruited 150 patient Assessors prior to commencement of the National PLACE Assessment programme.
· 2016 we recruited 189 patient assessors prior to commencement of the National PLACE Assessment programme
· 2017 we recruited 218 patient assessors prior to commencement of the National PLACE Assessment programme.
· 2018 we recruited 261 patient Assessors prior to commencement of the National PLACE Assessment programme.
Plus supported by a possible 30 Healthwatch assessors each year since 2015 prior to commencement of the National PLACE Assessment programme.
Patient Voices Group
Healthwatch Blackburn With Darwen
Critical Care Friends
Blackburn College Health and Social Care Students
Burnley College Health and Social Care Students
Nelson and Colne College Heath and Social Care Students
PLACE Assessors 2018 (support / engagement)
Number of assessors that actively took part in the ELHT PLACE Assessment process in 2018:
Patient Assessor Summary Document – 4 Key Questions for response:
East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust would like to thank all patient and staff assessors that invested time to support the delivery of the National PLACE Assessment 2018.
PLACE Feedback 2015-16
PLACE Feedback 2016-17
PLACE Feedback 2017-18
PLACE Strategic Improvement Plan 2016-17
PLACE Strategic Improvement Plan 2017-18
PLACE Strategic Improvement Plan 2018-19
These are the results from the 2018 Patient-Led Assessments of the Care Environment (PLACE) programme. These self-assessments are undertaken by teams of NHS and private/independent health care providers, and include at least 50 per cent members of the public (known as patient assessors). They focus on the environment in which care is provided, as well as supporting non-clinical services such as cleanliness, food, hydration, and the extent to which the provision of care with privacy and dignity is supported, and aspects of the environment in relation to the provision of care to those with dementia.
The national publication of results took place 16 August 2018 and can be found here: National PLACE Results for 2018
Patient-Led Assessments of the Care Environment (PLACE), England - 2013, Experimental statistics (http://digital.nhs.uk/catalogue/PUB11575)