The Children's Team provide a family centred service, meeting the health care needs of children, young people and their families both in the hospital and within the community.
Our main focus is to provide family-centred care which supports parents and carers to become as involved as they choose to be in their child’s care and treatment.
Our highly trained staff achieve this through having open and honest discussions with parents about their child whilst respecting each family’s language, cultural, religious, and social needs.
Our Service provision includes:
- Children's Ward, Royal Blackburn Hospital
- Children's Day Case Ward (Ward 27), Burnley General Hospital
- Children's Observation and Assessment Unit, Royal Blackburn Hospital
- Children's Minor Illness Unit (CMIU), Burnley General Hospital
- Outpatient clinics at Royal Blackburn Hospital, Burnley General Hospital, Accrington Hospital, Clitheroe Community Hospital, Rossendale Primary Care Centre and Pendle Community Hospital
Our specialist services include:
- Children's Community Assisted Ventilation Service
- Children's Community Nursing
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Developmental Disorder
- Epilepsy, Neurology and Neuro-disability
- Haematology and Oncology
- Respiratory Care